The Research and Implementation Office in Houston assists local agencies and organizations through technology transfer and through the implementation and evaluation of advanced technologies in the urban transportation environment. Areas of research and implementation activities include highways, freight rail, transit (bus and rail), air, and ports & waterways. View a map to this office’s location online.
The Houston Research and Implementation Office has expertise in the following areas:
- Freeway Operations,
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS),
- Ramp Metering Systems,
- Automatic Vehicle Identifications (AVI) Systems,
- Arterial Street System Operations,
- HOV/Managed Lane Operations,
- Hurricane Evacuation Planning,
- Transportation and Traffic Systems Modeling, and
- Signing and Pavement Marking Evaluation.
The Houston Research and Implementation Office maintains cooperative relationships with the following sponsors:
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT/),
- Houston-Galveston Area Council,
- Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO),
- Harris County,
- Harris County Toll Road Authority,
- The City of Houston,
- Prairie View A&M University,
- University of Houston,
- Texas Southern University,
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
For more InformationDavid Bierling, Ph.D.
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
TTI - Houston
701 N. Post Oak Road
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 613-9203 x